May 5, 2015

Out-of-this-World Waffles

These gridded pastries are so light and fluffy delicious that I often travel with a waffle iron so I can share them. 
My brother consumes more cereal than anyone I know, so when I visit, I find it necessary to deviate from the breakfast norm, heat up the iron to fill with a flour-milk-oil combo and watch these babes rise to life.

The older I get, the more I firmly I believe that each bite of waffle really necessitates a juicy bite of berry alongside it. This also gives me an excuse to bring fruit that needs washing and slicing (vs. apples and bananas) into the apartment.

I don't make these waffles because they are good for your health. I make them because they are good for your soul.

In addition to trips to apartment of said brother, this year Out-of-this-World made their Downton party debut alongside a bar of bananas, berries, whipped cream and chocolate syrup, and ever since I have been craving waffle dessert decadence. 



Out-of-This-World Waffles
Southern Living

2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp. salt
1 ½ Tbsp. sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 ½ cups milk (I use skim)
¾ cup vegetable oil (I use canola)

Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Combine eggs, milk and oil; add to flour mixture, stirring with a wire whisk just until dry ingredients are moistened. Cook in a preheated, oiled waffle iron until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please share your thoughts!