How to make a super special dinner with as few carbs possible for a super special friend who just so happens to have dietary restraints:
1. Step a bit out of the ordinary meal routine with a formal menu. Bonus points if your florist of a friend gets involved with setting the table.
2. Plate a simple green salad and serve it before the main course. Revolutionary, right?
Chicken Diablo with Mustard Sauce.
4. Bacon. It makes anything better, especially when wrapped around something green.
5. Faux carbs a.k.a. cauliflower rolls. It's a real thing. And it tastes pretty good topped with Parmesan.
6. Whip out a sugar-free berry-lemon jello mold straight from 1975. Do a victory dance if it comes out of your mold in decent form. Warning: do not consume the berries if on sugarless diet. They simple serve as candle holders.
Verdict: Birthday meal success. Throw in some close friends, tell them to share super special things about the super special birthday girl, and it's pretty much the best thing that could happen to an introvert, at least in the introverted hostess' opinion.