July 12, 2009

Recipe: Baked Shrimp with Feta

For my Saturday night cooking adventure I bought me a large bag of frozen peeled shrimp and tweaked a recipe from the April Cooking Light for a something light, summery and healthy. I added more of my farmer's market tomatoes and onion as well as cheese because feta is just that good. The orzo with herbs the magazine recommended probably would have been tasty, but I  opted to eat it with the lazier, higher fiber brown rice.

Baked Shrimp with Feta 
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and devined
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons white wine
1 teaspoon oregano
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Add oil to large skillet warmed to medium-high heat. Saute onion for one minute. Add garlic and saute one minute. Add wine, oregano and tomatoes; bring to boil (mine didn't have that much liquid, so it didn't really boil.) Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp. Place in 8x8 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle cheese evenly over mixture. Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes or until cheese melts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please share your thoughts!