- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Place garlic in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add lemon juice, tahini, cumin, salt, pepper, and black beans; process until smooth. Spoon bean mixture into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
July 8, 2009
Recipe: Black Bean Hummus
For lovers of hummus and black beans like myself, this Cooking Light recipe makes a simple yet tasty and healthy dip. I served mine with tortilla chips I made by baking tortilla strips sprayed with olive oil and sprinkled with salt at 425 degrees.