October 20, 2009

Recipe: Oatmeal Toffee Cookies

I don't like raisins in my cookies, but I sure like oatmeal. Toffee and brown sugar give these guys just enough rich sweetness, and please-don't-let-my-cookie-get-crunchy eater me liked how the thin cookies were chewy with crispy edges.  

I moved the recipe's Cooking Light clip from my "Recipe Ideas" file to my (keeper) "Recipes" file (files keep my personal life in order--I am ok to be dorky about it), so they'll have to go into the rotation of what is becoming a weekly cookie-baking routine.

Oatmeal Toffee Cookies

¾ cup  all-purpose flour

1  cup  old-fashioned rolled oats

1/2  teaspoon  baking soda

1/4  teaspoon  salt

3/4  cup  packed brown sugar

1/4  cup  butter, softened

1  teaspoon  vanilla extract

1  large egg

1/3  cup  almond toffee bits

Cooking spray

Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Place sugar and butter in a separate bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes). Add vanilla and egg; beat well. Add flour mixture; beat just until combined. Stir in toffee bits.

Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.

1 comment:

Pretty please share your thoughts!