October 23, 2009

Recipe: Tzatziki

I haven't gotten adventurous enough to make my own gyros yet, but this yogurt-cucumber sauce makes chicken taste almost as good as lamb. It also contains a few of my other simple, natural cooking favorites: garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. I put mine on a tortilla wrap with chopped tomato and cooked chicken, and for another meal I mixed it with a bunch of veggies and chicken. Yum, a light, delightful lunch. Thanks, Cooking Light.
Tzatziki
2  cups  plain 2% low-fat Greek-style yogurt
3/4  cup  shredded seeded peeled cucumber
3  tablespoons  chopped fresh mint (I didn't have any on hand and left it out.)
2  tablespoons  chopped fresh dill
1  tablespoon  extra-virgin olive oil
1  tablespoon  fresh lemon juice
1/4  teaspoon  salt
3  garlic cloves, minced

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please share your thoughts!