August 2, 2009

Recipe: Wedding Cookies

What do I make for a shower for a cookie-loving bride on the eve of her wedding? Wedding cookies, of course. Having not made these in more than a year, I had forgotten how the simple butter-pecan balls dusted in powdered sugar are light and delightful. 

The recipe (from one of my mom's neighborhood cookbooks) calls for the least amount of sugar I've ever put in cookies, but it's all they need. The dough ends up really crumbly, so I squish it into balls with my hands.


Wedding Cookies
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
4 tablespoons sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
Powdered sugar
Combine butter through vanilla then add nuts. Shape into small balls. Bake 35-45 minutes at 300 degrees. Roll in powdered sugar when cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please share your thoughts!